When you searching, say, for "free porn" (ok, you dont have to admit you did it ;) - more than half of results are junk links redirecting you somewhere.
How can you determine if there is a good looking site beyond the link?
With Firefox you can preview all the links at ANY site!
- Get Firefox
- Install free Firebug extension and restart Firefox. Dont forget to enable Firebug after installation (Tools -> Firebug -> uncheck "Disable Firebug").
- Go to the www.snap.com and click that green button "Sign Up Now"
(I can see it only in Firefox, I dont know why)
- Click "Continue"
- Fill forms with you email and type google.com or yahoo.com as "your" site URL
- Finally, you'll get a small JS code for "your" site ;) Copy it and save in text file
- Now, go to google.com (yahoo, etc), search whatever you want and press F12 to open Firebug on search result page.
Locate any script element inside head, right-click it and choose "edit HTML"
Delete content of element and paste (Ctrl+V) code from snap.com saved at step 6
- You should see something like this
- wait a few seconds and you'll see small icons on links. Now you can mouseover links and see bubbles with previews.